Support

Sunday 22 April 2018

The search for Significance


Almost two years “on the job” and I cannot believe how quickly the time goes. Its still strange to say that I am a “Pastors wife." 
I remember being fourteen years old and wanting to be a mother and work in full ministry with my husband and children. Well here we are.
After the whirlwind of racing back to South Africa to get our Religious workers visa and rushing back to start this wonderful new season, we hit the ground running hard and fast. Peter had missed all the staff training and blew into the new BSSM school year with 60 hungry students, a team of six interns and a whole lotta learning to do! We were green and ready!
About a month into this year I remember being in my kitchen washing dishes and a reality splashed into my face like ice cold water. I realized that although so much had changed for us as a family and certainly for Peter, my personal little world hadn't changed that much at all. Here I was in my two bedroom apartment with my two little girls on the other side of the globe, still feeding hungry mouths and feeling somewhat small and insignificant. My daily routine hadn't shifted, I stare into the two same little faces as I homeschool and home-make. 
I had been so caught up in the much excitement and wonder of the “ministry” and the shifted season we were going into that I failed to see the ministry that had been stirred within me and in front of me all the time...

I am wanting to shift the purpose of this blog.
Instead of it being about our "great adventure", our happenings and circumstances, I want to dig a little deeper into the "diary of my heart" if you will. My goal is to turn this into a platform of encouragement; a garden of thought and heart, the stirrings from God we so often overlook. The next post has been something Ive been walking through for years and in many way am still navigating...

The Search for Significance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment