Support

Saturday 28 September 2013

Provision

Declaring and Shifting...

It's amazing what happens when you praise your way out of dark holes. When I wrote my last blog, "Rejoicing through the trials",  I was in a bit of a hole and doubted our whole "American Adventure". I honestly felt like we were crazy and irresponsible and the thoughts in my head sounded like, "what on earth are we doing here, what were we thinking?!!" 
Yes I felt like Eeyore with a dark cloud over my head and I had many good old moans at God :). Thank goodness He loves me so much!

Its amazing what happens to your "atmosphere" when you praise your way through it. While I was typing the last blog I actually physically felt something shift and lift; hope rise and the childlike excitement we had throughout our journey returned. When I read the blog aloud to Pete it was like I was declaring truth and it put all my icky emotions back into line with what God had said. 

The Car...

The day after I wrote my last blog, we received a phone call from Toyota to say that our car actually had nothing wrong with it. The mechanics were apparently quite confused as, three days prior, there had been a blown or cracked head gasket which would've cost $3000 to repair. Now, after 2 days of testing,  there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. They had test-driven it for 120 miles, stuck cameras down almost every pipe, checked and re checked the head gasket and .... well it was perfect. With relief we went and fetched our car and received a full three page report of all the tests done. The car salesman (who goes to Bethel) actually said, "Dude God totally healed your car!" ha ha!!! Come on!! 

The Girls...

When we arrived in Redding we found out that formula is quite expensive compared to South Africa! And so the advice we were given was to put Katie onto cows milk as she doesn't need formula because she is over 12 months old. I think mums need to trust their gut more because a mother does, after all,  know her child better than anyone else ever will (can I hear an amen?!). So often we doubt ourselves and look to everyone else for help when, in fact, the Holy Spirit often tells us what to do first. After 2 weeks of being on cows milk Katie fell really ill and after running back and forth to the doctor and trying different medicines; I finally trusted my gut and took Katie off cows milk. Well the difference was frightening!! Katie's ear cleared up and her rash and swelling disappeared after a few days. Once her ear was totally clear she started to walk and is now unstoppable :) Peace returned to our home and hearts.

I guess it has taken us about 6 weeks to find our groove. Pete is loving school and is receiving so much! I have been doing some courses in the evenings at Bethel and am spiritually feeling so alive and inspired. Amy is loving her school and is growing daily into a confident, kind and beautiful little lady. I really am SO blessed and feel totally humbled at what God has given us.

Provision...

Do I miss home? Yes! Sometimes I miss home so much that my stomach actually aches. I miss my own culture; being fully understood by my friends and having a support structure of family around me. I miss going to the shops and knowing my prices. I miss Ina Parman's spices and Woolies Sales :) 

I miss knowing that money will be coming into our bank account at the end of every month ha ha!!! 

Over the last six weeks God has really been showing me that HE is our provider. When we did our first grocery shop I was shocked at how expensive it is to eat healthy food here and I actually got quite stressed every time I went to the grocery store. My stomach would be in a knot with every item I put in my basket, and my small basket of basic foods would ring up to $50. My hand would shake as I handed over the cash knowing that it was actually R500 and especially knowing what R500 could get me at home. It sounds silly, but our money in the bank has to last us for the year and if we are really diligent, we can stay longer which is our hearts desire. We aren't allowed to earn any money during our stay unless it comes in the form of donations or offerings.
The word "budget" was coming out of my mouth far too often and I didn't like it. "It was for freedom that Christ has set us free" and I know that we are designed and destined to be free. Not free to be stupid and irresponsible; but FREE from fear, FREE from anxiety and FREE from the poverty mindset that always says " I cant" and "I don't have enough" or "I can't afford". We are sons and daughters and part of being a son and a daughter means that we are ALWAYS provided for and NEVER in lack. 
I felt that I needed to watch the words that came out of my mouth because with those words and that poverty mindset I can disqualify us very quickly from receiving blessings. And with words of LIFE and faith we open ourselves up to blessings and freedom. It really is simple hey?
So yes, God spoke to me clearly on that one!! AGAIN the familiar words, "Lisa do you trust Me?" YES I do Lord! "Then feed your family and feed them well." :) 

Trust...

So on my way to the store I began to surrender to God; our money, our lives; our children; our marriage; our future. I cant hold onto anything anymore, its just so exhausting and stressful. My quiet prayer turned into a song-type-shout-of-praise and I am sure the people in the cars next to me could hear, but I didn't care! Joy and freedom flooded my soul!! Amy was in the back of the car, as quiet as a mouse :) When I was done she piped up, "Mom what are you doing?" 
I actually forgot she was there ha ha!
A couple of days later we received very timely financial gifts from dear friends and a dear family member. 

God really loves it when we trust Him!

The Message says it pretty well in Proverbs 3 from verse 5...

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
dont try to figure everything out on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He's the One who will keep your on track.
Dont assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bone will vibrate with life!
Honour God with everything you own;
give Him the first and the best.
Your barn will burst and your wine vats will brim over."

:)









No comments:

Post a Comment